The Canadian Visit Visa
The Canada Visit Visa, also known as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), allows individuals to visit Canada for tourism, leisure, or to visit family and friends. It is a temporary authorization granted by the Government of Canada for a specific period.
How it works
Visit Visa Application Essentials
- Explore Canada’s scenic landscapes, vibrant cities, and cultural attractions
- Visit family and friends residing in Canada
- Attend special events, festivals, or conferences
- Engage in tourism and recreational activities
- Experience Canadian hospitality and multiculturalism
- A valid passport
- Completed application form
- Proof of financial support to cover your stay in Canada
- Travel itinerary or letter of invitation
- Proof of ties to your home country
- Clear criminal record
- Medical examination (if required)
- The cost of a Canada Visit Visa varies depending on several factors, such as the applicant’s country of residence and the type of visa application. As of 2021, the processing fee for a Canada Visit Visa is generally CAD $100 per person.
- Determine if you need a visa based on your country of residence.
- Gather the required documents and complete the application form.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Submit your application online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC).
- Attend a biometric appointment (if applicable).
- Wait for the processing of your visa application.
- Receive a decision on your visa application.
How to apply
- Our Team will check for eligibility on the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Create an online account (if applicable) and complete the application form.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Upload the required documents, including your passport, photographs, and supporting documents.
- Submit your application online and retain the confirmation receipt.
It depends on your country of citizenship.
- The duration of stay varies. Typically, visitors are allowed to stay for up to six months.
- In some cases, you may be able to extend your stay in Canada. You must apply for an extension before your current status expires.
- No, a visit visa does not allow you to work in Canada. If you plan to work, you will need a work permit.
- It is highly recommended to have medical insurance coverage during your stay in Canada as healthcare costs can be high.
- Yes, you can travel and visit different cities within Canada with a valid visit visa.
- Processing times vary, but it typically takes a few weeks to a few months to process a Canada Visit Visa application.
- No, a visit visa does not permit you to study in Canada. If you plan to study, you will need a study permit.
- Yes, you can engage in business-related activities, such as attending meetings or conferences, with a valid visit visa
- Previous overstays may affect your admissibility to Canada. It is important to address any previous immigration violations and provide proper documentation and explanations in your visa application.
Click below for other Useful Links: