Empowering dreams, Inspiring success

   +971 4 346 1559    info@republicimmigration.com



USA Student Visa

The USA Student Visa

The USA Student Visa, also known as the F-1 Visa, allows international students to pursue academic studies at accredited educational institutions in the United States.
It is a non-immigrant visa category that grants temporary residency for the duration of the student’s program.

How it works

USA Student Visa Application Essentials



  • The USA Student Visa allows you to study full-time at a U.S. educational institution and participate in academic and cultural programs.
  • You can work part-time on-campus and gain practical experience through Optional Practical Training (OPT) after completing your studies.
  • The visa allows for travel in and out of the United States during the duration of your program.



  • To be eligible for a USA Student Visa, you generally need to have an acceptance letter from a recognized U.S. educational institution.
  • You must demonstrate sufficient financial resources to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and healthcare costs.
  • Proficiency in the English language is typically required, and you may need to provide evidence of academic qualifications or test scores.



  • The cost of a USA Student Visa includes the application fee, SEVIS fee (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System), and possibly additional fees for visa processing in some countries.
  • The application fee for the F-1 Visa is currently $160 USD, and the SEVIS fee is $350 USD.



  • Receive an acceptance letter from a U.S. educational institution approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
  • Pay the SEVIS fee and receive the I-20 form from your institution.
  • Complete the DS-160 visa application form online.
  • Schedule and attend a visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country.


How to apply

  • Complete the DS-160 form accurately and submit it online.
  • Pay the visa application fee.
  • Schedule a visa interview appointment.
  • Gather the required documents, including the I-20 form, passport, financial evidence, and educational records.
  • Attend the visa interview with all the necessary documents.


Can I work while studying on a USA Student Visa?

  • Yes, F-1 visa holders can work part-time on-campus during their studies, and they may be eligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT) after completing their program.

How long does it take to process a USA Student Visa?

  • The processing time for a USA Student Visa varies, but it typically takes several weeks to a few months. It is advisable to apply well in advance of the intended program start date.

Can I extend my stay in the United States on a student visa?

  • If you need additional time to complete your studies, you can apply for an extension of your F-1 visa status. You must meet specific criteria to be eligible for an extension.

Can I bring my dependents on a USA Student Visa?

  • The F-1 visa does not automatically allow for dependents to accompany the student. However, they may be eligible for F-2 visas, which grant them dependent status.

Can I transfer to another educational institution while on a USA Student Visa?

  • Yes, you can transfer to another SEVP-approved institution by following the proper procedures and obtaining a new Form I-20.

Do I need to show proof of financial support for the entire duration of my studies?

  • It is generally required to demonstrate sufficient financial resources to cover the first year of study, including tuition, living expenses, and healthcare costs. However, specific requirements may vary.

Can I change my program of study after obtaining a USA Student Visa?

  • Yes, you can change your program of study after entering the United States. However, you must inform your designated school official (DSO) and follow the necessary procedures.

Can I travel outside the United States while studying on a student visa?

  • Yes, you can travel outside the United States during your studies. However, you must ensure that you have all the necessary documents and meet the re-entry requirements.

Can I work off-campus while on a USA Student Visa?

  • Off-campus employment is generally restricted for F-1 visa holders. However, there are limited circumstances where you may be eligible for off-campus employment, such as severe economic hardship or internships related to your field of study.

Can I apply for a USA Student Visa if I have previously been denied a visa?

  • If you have been denied a visa in the past, it may impact your new application. However, it is still possible to reapply with updated and accurate information, addressing the previous reasons for denial.

Click below for other Useful Links:

Want a free consultation?

Our expert team is here to provide genuine guidance and make your dream of immigrating to your desired country a reality. Don’t wait any longer, take the first step towards your new life.

A premier immigration consultancy, offering expert, tailored solutions for global migration needs. We specialize in visa applications, work permits, and citizenship services, simplifying international transitions for individuals and businesses.

Our Offices

Abu Dhabi

+971 55 708 0213


+971 4 346 1559

#304, Convention Tower, Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai

Office # M10, Mezzanine Floor, JVC Building, Next to Iranian Hospital Residence Nearby ADCB Metro Station Al Karama Dubai UAE

Request a call Back