The Digital Nomads Visa
The Portugal Digital Nomads Visa is a special visa program designed for digital nomads, remote workers, and freelancers who wish to live and work in Portugal. It allows individuals to legally reside in Portugal while working remotely for clients or companies located outside of Portugal.
How it works
Portugal Digital Nomads Visa Application Essentials
- Legal residence in Portugal as a digital nomad or remote worker
- Opportunity to live and work in a safe and attractive country
- Access to healthcare services and social benefits in Portugal
- Possibility to explore the vibrant digital nomad community in Portugal
- Easy access to other European countries within the Schengen area
- Valid passport with a minimum validity of six months
- Proof of employment as a digital nomad, remote worker, or freelancer
- Proof of income or financial means to support yourself in Portugal
- Health insurance coverage
- Clean criminal record
- Proof of accommodation in Portugal
The cost of the Portugal Digital Nomads Visa can vary depending on various factors, including embassy fees, document authentication, health insurance, and other additional services. It is recommended to consult the official website of the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your home country for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Gather all the required documents, including proof of employment as a digital nomad, financial means, health insurance, criminal record, and accommodation in Portugal.
- Submit the visa application to RIS Portuguese Team.
How to apply
- Research the specific requirements and guidelines provided by the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Prepare the necessary documents, including proof of employment, financial means, health insurance, criminal record, and accommodation in Portugal.
- Complete the visa application form accurately and truthfully.
- Pay the visa fees and any additional service fees, if applicable.
- The Portugal Digital Nomads Visa is a visa program that allows digital nomads, remote workers, and freelancers to legally reside in Portugal while working remotely.
- The Portugal Digital Nomads Visa primarily covers the visa holder, but your family members may be eligible to apply for dependent visas.
- No, you don’t need a job offer from a Portuguese company. The visa is designed for individuals working for clients or companies outside of Portugal.
- There is no specific age limit to apply for the Portugal Digital Nomads Visa.
- Yes, the Portugal Digital Nomads Visa allows you to travel within the Schengen area for up to 90 days within any 180-day period.
- Tax obligations vary depending on your individual circumstances. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional or lawyer to understand your tax obligations.
- The visa typically allows you to stay in Portugal for up to one year, with the possibility of renewal.
- It is possible to change your visa status while in Portugal, but it is advisable to consult with the Portuguese immigration authorities for specific guidelines and requirements.
- The Portugal Digital Nomads Visa does not automatically lead to permanent residency. However, you may explore other pathways to obtain permanent residency in Portugal.
- The processing time can vary, but it typically takes a few weeks to a few months. It is advisable to submit your application well in advance of your planned travel dates.